We all define “fun” a bit differently. And hopefully the place in which we live caters to our personal ideas of entertainment. But that’s not always the case, which may drive people to live somewhere new.
There are certain states where fun is not just an option but also a way of life. These states offer such a variety of activities that everyone will be able to find something that excites them.
With pure enjoyment in mind, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 26 key indicators of a jolly good time that won’t break the bank. They range from movie costs to accessibility of national parks to casinos per capita. Scroll down for the winners, money-saving advice from a panel of experts and a full description of our methodology.
Fun in Louisiana (1=Most Fun; 25=Avg.)
• 28th – Restaurants per Capita
• 28th – Fitness Centers per Capita
• 14th – Casinos per Capita
• 25th – Variety of Arts, Entertainment & Recreation Establishments
• 11th – State & Local Direct General Expenditures on Parks & Recreation per Capita