- Joel Rodgers
The UFC has not officially announced the contest, but both fighters have agreed, and it’s happening.
Andrea “KGB” Lee and Joanne Calderwood are meeting up at UFC 242, which takes place Sept. 7 at The Arena in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi. The same card as Nurmagomedov v Dustin Poirier
Andrea Lee (11-2 MMA, 3-0 UFC) was in action in June, scoring a decision win over Montana De La Rosa. “KGB” is undefeated in the UFC, also owning victories over Ashlee Evans-Smith and Veronica Macedo.
Calderwood (13-4 MMA, 5-4 UFC) returns to action following a disappointing decision loss to Katlyn Chookagian at June’s UFC 238 event. Prior to the setback, the Scottish striker had put together back-to-back wins over Ariane Lipski and Kalindra Faria.
Official UFC rankings have Calderwood at #5 and Lee at #7, although a win for Lee would really boost her hopes significantly of getting the next crack at the belt, which Valentina Shevchenko is expected to defend against Liz Carmouche next month in Uruguay.
With the addition to the card, UFC 242 now includes:
- Champ Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Interim champ Dustin Poirier
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Curtis Blaydes
- Islam Makhachev vs. Davi Ramos
- Diego Ferreira vs. Mairbek Taisumov
- Belal Muhammad vs. Takashi Sato
- Ottman Azaitar vs. Teemu Packalen
- Bruno Silva vs. Khalid Taha
- Muslim Salikhov vs. Nordine Taleb
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Zak Cummings
- Don Madge vs. Magomed Mustafaev
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Andrea Lee