News

Fire marshal: Man sent on fire by flames from kitchen stove

By:
  • AP

PONCHATOULA, La. (AP) The State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the death of a 66-year-old Ponchatoula man who died in front of his kitchen gas stove that he was using as a heating source.

In a news release, state officials say investigators were summoned after the brother of Will Foster Jr. found his body in the kitchen of his wood-framed home Thursday morning.

Investigators believe that Foster, who habitually utilized the gas stove as a heating source, accidentally ignited gas vapors that had accumulated in the area of the stove top after several burners were turned on. When the vapors ignited, the victim’s clothing caught fire, which caused significant burn injuries.

The home suffered no notable damage as a result of the fire.

 

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Content Sponsored By:
Alto Landscaping 728×90
Glennas Pest Control 728×90
May Marketing 728×90
Citizen’s National Bank 728×90
OneChiro 728×90
Alto Landscaping 728×90
May Marketing 728×90
BizProSBC
LA Home Center 728×90
Diamond Realty 728×90
Swoop 728×90
RSHV – 728×90 Banner
RGM Marketing 728×90
Greenstar Insulation 728×90
Glennas Pest Control 728×90
Bayou State Roofing 728×90
Pel-State Leaderboard 728×90

Will Broyles

Will Broyles is the owner of RealShreveport.com.

Related Articles

Loading...
Back to top button
Close
Close