- Joel Rodgers
The June Artwalk is happening this Wednesday in downtown Shreveport.
If you’ve never been to an artwalk, here’s my advice — go check it out!
Here’s a map of this months artwalk.
It’s the first artwalk since school let out, and we’re ready for some fun! Pull on your sundress and flip flops and let’s do a little art walking.In June, we have multiple locations with tours, art, history, sketching,food, drink, sketching, crafts for kids, free samples, even tours of some cool new spaces and businesses! The event is free to attend and all street parking is also free after 5 p.m.
1. Shreve Memorial Library – 424 Texas St
Kids’ Craft Tables for rock painting, Courtyard Picasso. Rock n’ Roll Selfie Station & Summer Reading Program 2018 Sign up.
Bre Judge Art
Maggie Mae Molisee-Vedis
2. Smoothdayz @ Chase Tower – 400 Texas St
Live dance performances by Andronicus ClownthaDancer Scott
Samples of smoothies, natural lemonade, dessert parfaits, salads. Free rides on their new spin cycles in the new fitness room!
3. Noble Savage Tavern – 417 Texas St *[21+ w/ID] Joe Nadeau’s Blues Jam
4. Norsworthy Gallery – 214 Texas St
Hoover Watercolor Society Spring Art Exhibit on the walls.
“How I Do It” talk with photographer Jason Pliler
Live “Bob Ross” style painting demos by Ben Humphrey
Live musical performances by Honey TuTu
5. Stray Cat– 222 Travis
Extended Happy Hour/Artwalk specials (TBA)
6. The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa – 220 Travis
6:20 pm – “History in 5” with Liz Swaine
6:30 pm – AIA Sketch the City with Mischa Farrell
5:00-6:30 pm Guided Tours of cool new spaces (meet in lobby)
Extended Happy Hour
The Hot Dawg Hut serving up dos out front.
7. Fatty Arbuckles – Red River District
8. Bon Temps Coffee Bar – Red River District
5:30-8:30 pm – ART LIVE! See artists battle each other and the clock to create custom works of art.
9. Nicky’s Mexican Restaurant – Red River District
10. SALT Restaurant – 601 Clyde Fant Pkwy
Robert E Trudeau
Talbot Hopkins Trudeau
11. J&R Gallery – 626 Commerce
Aiden James Poling
Nikki Hanna Art
12. Spring Street Museum – 525 SPRING
Larry Taz Sanchez
WIRED & SASSY, LLC – Artisan Jewelry special jewelry premiere with Tracy McComic
13. Multicultural Center of the South – 520 Spring
1st Floor: Kristin Thompson
“Three1Eight: Continuing My Life on Canvas” exhibit
by Painter/Artist Karen T. La Beau
Eldorado Casino Parking Garage
Sam’s Town Casino Parking Garage
Garage at Milam and Clyde Fant Parkway
All spaces on Commerce St.
All street meters free after 5pm