With Father’s Day approaching and over 93 percent of dads with young kids working today, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s Best & Worst States for Working Dads as well as accompanying videos.
In order to help dads balance their dual role as parent and provider, WalletHub compared the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia across 22 key indicators of friendliness toward working dads. The data set ranges from average length of work day for males to childcare costs to share of men in good or better health.
Life as a Working Dad in Louisiana (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 48th- Male Life Expectancy
- 34th- % of Kids Younger than 18 with dad Present Living in Poverty
- 43rd- Male Uninsured Rate
- 46th- Avg. Length of Work Day (in Hours) for Males
- 48th- % of Physically Active Men
- 48th- Day-Care Quality
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-worst-states-for-working-dads/13458/