The Rafters and Lady Rafters soccer clubs are excited to announce internship opportunities available for the 2017 season. We are looking for high-energy individuals with a desire to learn more about sports team management to join the Rafters organization. If you are interested, read the job description below for specifics and application instructions.
Under the supervision of the Rafters FC and Lady Rafters General Manger, interns will provide assistance with the assessment, planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation for game day events for both Rafters FC and Lady Rafters teams and weekly duties each as well. Specific duties are discussed in interviews, but may include the following: Setup and teardown for game day events, chaperoning away teams on game days, picking up and delivering food to the men and women’s teams, coordinating volunteers and sponsor booths, etc. A primary function of this internship is to learn about sports team management while ensuring each fan, coach, player and staff of the Rafters FC and Lady Rafters games receives the best experience possible.
Location – Lee Hedges Stadium, Shreveport, LA. & Downtown Corporate Office
Supervisor – General Manager
• Assist with the assessment, planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation for game day events and weekly duties each as listed above.
• Communicate instructions verbally to volunteers and sponsors during game day program
• Assist with setting up and tearing down equipment at stadium.
• Inform GM of any weekly or game day issues, equipment concerns or maintenance needs.
• Attend Staff meetings
• Communicate clearly, honestly and be respectful of everyone you encounter during events and weekly hours.
• All other duties and responsibilities will be discussed. (Marketing, Operations, etc.)
• Committed to being positive, fun and team-oriented
• Passion for working with all types of people
• Efficient and hardworking
• Good at communicating and interacting with people
• Basic computer skills, ie. MS Office
• Back ground and driving check
• Ability to multi-task in a chaotic environment
• Responsible, dependable, and mature
• Able to receive feedback positively
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
Hours and Days –
Two month minimum or 120 hours’ commitment is required. During this time, interns are expected to work between 10-40 hours per week on game day events at Lee Hedges Stadium and projects for the Rafters FC and Lady Rafters during normal office hours (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday) with game day events on weekends and evening programs/events varying times.
Benefits – Internships with the Rafters FC and Lady Rafters are not paid, but offer valuable hands on experience and will have a chance to go to a Major League Sports Team trip for educational networking one day this summer.
To apply for this position, please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.