- Richie Bernardo
- From the WalletHub.com website
With health care costs rising and U.S. life expectancy declining for the second year in a row, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018’s Healthiest & Unhealthiest Cities in America.
To identify the places where health is a priority, WalletHub compared more than 170 of the largest U.S. cities across 40 key metrics. The data set ranges from cost of doctor visit to fruit and vegetable consumption to fitness clubs per capita.
Health in Shreveport (1=Healthiest; 87=Avg.):
- 42nd – Cost of Medical Visit
- 73rd – Mental-Health Counselors per Capita
- 158th – Healthy Restaurants per Capita
- 103rd – Dietitians & Nutritionists per Capita
- 90th – Avg. Cost of Fitness-Club Membership
- 161st – Share of Physically Active Adults
- 161st – Running Trails per Capita
For the full report, please visit: