June is National Safety Month. With the U.S. recently hit hard by tragedies from wildfires to mass shootings, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s Safest States in America as well as accompanying videos.
In order to help families find the most secure places to settle down, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 52 key metrics. The data set ranges from assaults per capita to unemployment rate to total loss amounts from climate disasters per capita.
Safety in Louisiana (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
- 50th- Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 46th- Assaults per Capita
- 48th- Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 41st- Job Security
- 43rd- Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 48th- Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 24th- Sex Offenders per Capita
- 42nd- Share of Uninsured Population
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/safest-states-to-live-in/4566/