With unprofitable coal and nuclear plants contributing to shut down amidst current administration support, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s Most & Least Energy-Expensive States as well as accompanying videos.
For a better understanding of Americans’ energy costs relative to their location and consumption habits, WalletHub compared the average monthly energy bills in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia using a special formula that accounts for the following residential energy types: electricity, natural gas, motor fuel, and home heating oil.
Energy Consumption & Costs in Louisiana (1=Most Expensive; 25=Avg.):
- Avg. Monthly Energy Bill: $271
- 50th- Price of Electricity
- 15th- Price of Natural Gas
- 41st- Natural-Gas Consumption per Consumer
- 50th- Price of Motor Fuel
- 32nd- Motor-Fuel Consumption per Driver
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/energy-costs-by-state/4833/