With wedding season over and many young families seeking to put down roots in places of opportunity, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s Best & Worst Places to Raise a Family as well as accompanying videos.
To determine the most family-friendly places in America, WalletHub compared more than 180 cities across 47 key metrics. The data set ranges from housing affordability to school-system quality to share of families with young kids.
Raising a Family in Shreveport (1=Best; 91=Avg.):
- 132nd– % of Families with Young Kids
- 125th– Median Family Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 72nd– Housing Affordability
- 133rd– Unemployment Rate
- 159th– % of Two-Parent Families
- 119th– Number of Attractions
- 161st– % of Families Living in Poverty
- 157th– Separation & Divorce Rate
- 142nd– Violent-Crime Rate per Capita
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-for-families/4435/